Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Taking Stock!

Day 1
As I survey my room, I'm not sure where to start.  I think I will downsize my teacher desk this year to just a small computer stand so that I can incorporate a table for reading groups and small group instruction.  It got to be a pain trying to find an open spot on the floor or at any table last year.  The large class size kept me from intertaining the idea, but I think if I get rid of my BIG desk I can pull it off.  It's just a catch all for piles anyway!


Look at all those computers!
Ahhh just waiting for little fingers! 
I feel really blessed after talking to a
teacher at a workshop I attended.
She only had one student computer!
Thank you HISD for investing in technology!


Not sure where all the tables will go until I know how many tables I will be needing.  Need to get the science area all ready for George though.  I'm thinking about some fish this year too! Hummm!



This is George (as in "of the jungle").  The kids named him one year and it kinda stuck.  A different helper gets to feed George and turn on his heat lamp each morning for a week. (heat lamp donated by Petsmart)

George is a Redslider.  If you want to have a real life science lesson, put tadpoles in the tank with George! 
Let's just say we did not get to see the life cycle of a frog!  Circle of life YES!
Mrs. Bowers even learned something that day! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Link under construction.

Link under construction.
Our class code: LLJK8

Our Library Project

Our Library Project
You can help! Click picture for details